Monday, January 3, 2011

Made with Love

For those of you curious about the food I am eating...


My first meal in Guatemala. it's just a ham & cheese sandwich at the bus station, but I was starving from several hours on a plane so it was really delicious. Gotta love that Tiky soda. Pineapple-y!

All of my meals in Xela have been home-cooked by Mari, my host-abuelita, but I'm only taking photos of lunch at this point. This was rice with a sort of fried yucca (can't remember the exact name), tomato and eggs and a cucumber salad. 

Chile rellenos, pasta and a tamalito, with grated carrots and lemon on the side.

Rice, pickled cabbage and (gulp) tripe soup. A traditional dish that I politely swallowed but that gave me serious digestive problems for a couple days afterwards. Ah well.

Meatballs, avocado & lime, rice and tamalitos.