Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pieces of future projects

Over these past couple of weeks, my creative juices manifested in studies and sketches for larger ideas. 

Here's a photo that I think would make a great painting. This girl was at a restaurant in Dominical. Her parents apparently thought it made more sense to plop her in front of a computer with her headphones on rather than engage with her in any way during their dinner. It was wild.
Another idea for a painting...not sure if it's the way he's holding her or the fact that she has a hula dancer's costume on, but there's something here.
My favorite photo and I also think it would make a cool painting (it reminds me of Edward Hopper...maybe it's the street light). We got to see this news reporter start to talk, then mess up and laugh with the cameraman, then resume. It was a nice moment.


These next four shots are stills from some raw video footage I shot in a wacky 80's style bathroom in San Jose, Costa Rica (before I met up with my Dad). Not sure where it's going yet but I hope it becomes post-apocolyptical!