Tuesday, February 1, 2011


3 Days on a bus!


I am en route to a week-long yoga intensive on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, so I have to make tracks. Over the past three days I have crossed 4 boarders and sat on four different buses. It has been a crazy trip. A nice opportunity for reflecting, passing in and out of sleepy consciousness and watching the scenery fly by in a blur.
Hard to pinpoint where I was exactly these past few days as I was moving constantly. So this round of Where Am I is all about my experience on the bus.


This guy was on the bus from Xela to Guatemala City. He looked hilarious to me sleeping in his spooky mask. I wonder if he was dreaming of robbing someone.
This was my main view for most of the time.
My ugly little butt pillow! I refurbished another pillow to make this wee donut to sit on, since my f-ed up tail bone and sacrum hate sitting for too long. This pillow is my best friend!
It doubled as a pillow for my butt head, too.
Bus movies! Lots of primo entertainment over the past few days. There were more popular movies in English, but I really liked the super obscure options dubbed in Spanish. This, for example, was a movie from the states called "Facing the Giants", about an underdog football coach that leads his team to victory using his amazing faith in God! So much God talk, it was amazing. I don't know how I missed this one in the theaters back home. And did I cry at the end when the wee player David (such a subtle Biblical reference) scored the winning field goal? Hell yes.
Barry White, in concert, live? Why not?
And who wouldn't love these cool dudes? This was a tape of a bunch of Latino music videos from...the 80's? Today? Who knows?