Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

This town is pretty great, I must say. Super chill and sun-drenched (for the most part). My time up in the jungle just outside of town was blissful, and my time here in town has been one long beachy dream. Ahhh...contentment.

Beach day number 1. Got a bit of a burn but it was worth it and the water was perfecto!
A little road just next to the entrance to Samasati. Not sure what these guys were up to down there, just chatting I guess, but I thought they looked pretty iconic.
Beach number 2. I don't remember the names of any of the beaches, unfortunately. 
The yoga studio at Samasati. Surrounded by jungle and jungle noises. I guess I should have taken more photos of the retreat center. I guess you can check it out here. Thanks, internet!
A fruit truck in town. I didn't buy anything and at first the guy was sort of annoyed. Then he told me he wanted to take me home and I walked away. Hmmm.
This sign on the main drag of Puerto Viejo is still a mystery to me. Luckily, I have not been bitten by a worm yet.
The beach right by town. There's a cool barge here with trees growing on it.
A view of town from up in the cemetery (which you'll see pictured on the outings & activities page).

Are you sick of beach pictures yet?
The main area at Hostel Pagalu (which is lovely and cheap). Usually it's filled with European & North American tourists cooking and playing cards and drinking. I am generally an anti-social weirdo on my computer in the corner. Just a side note re. hostels...not sure if I hate them or not. Last night I had the pleasure of waking up to two people doing it in a nearby bunk (perhaps a product of the co-ed rooms here). Gross. 
And one last beach photo. Pretty sunset!