Saturday, February 11, 2012



Costa Rica = Paradise!


Ok guys, I feel like a jerk because after two weeks of a really rich and authentic experience in Guatemala, plus my whirlwind tour via bus of El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua (all countries with seriously messed up political histories), I have found myself in the tourist-saturated country of Costa Rica and I have to say, I love it here.


First of all, they have a pretty healthy economy and so the standard of living seems better than in other Central American countries. They also don't have a military, which is amazing. All in all, it's really nice.


Plus, I spent a week in a fancy retreat center called Samasati doing yoga twice a day, and then in a sweet little hostel being a beach bum for a few days afterwards. Ultimately, pretty lovely.


Check the links for details on all of it! (Especially how crappy my Spanish got after speaking English again.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment